I'm the new SARA Asst. in the Carson City office! I applied for the job a few weeks back & interviewed this week. I got the job! I'm really excited about it! Its part time & the hours will work perfect for everyone. I'll still be able to volunteer in McKena's class as well as not have a conflicting schedule with the softball practices/games. The pay is great so it almost makes up for it only being part time. My job will be assisting the coodinator of the program as well as taking victims to the hospital for their exam, court proceedings, support groups etc. I think the hardest part of this job which I didn't think of before the interview till it was brought up by them.. is having 3 girls of my own when I have to take a young girl that has been raped to get an exam. That could be on the difficult side. They said they have about 30 rapes a year in Carson City area.. that did actually shock me. I didn't think it was that big of a problem. I think this will be an awarding job for me & perfect for my entrance back into the work world. :o) To those of you that knew I was hoping to land this job.. Thanks for all the thoughts & prayers!!


3 comments:
Congrats! You didn't tell me about this! Sounds like a great job! Hope you guys have a Happy Easter!
Congrats!!! How exciting for you!
I'm glad you got the job! That's great!
Post a Comment