So for those of you not knowing since I'm doing such a swell job at blogging lately...lol I am taking 4 classes this semester. One is another photography class! I think this semester is going to be fun & I am really excited about our first project. So that leads me into our completely last minute out of the blue trip. I wanted something different and possibly creative and 5 photos towards this assignment were due on the next class. SO... after some thought & debate & internet searching.. we went to San Francisco this past weekend. We left at 7 pm Friday night & returned at 11 pm Sunday night. We had 2 full days down there & I did get some pictures I will be using towards this project that no one else will have. :o) It was also the kick off to the Chinese New Year! Another reason that sent me down there, we all know that I love festivals & different things. We had a great time, spent Sat. in Chinatown, that evening we went to Pacifica and had Fish & Chips, the kids loved going to the beach but of course wanted to find shells. Sunday we went to the Wharf, drove around the city a little bit & then back to Chinatown. They had a traditional Flower Market, in which they believe you need to have fresh new plants/ flowers to bring in the new year & I believe its supposed to bring good luck or something. I don't have the paper in front of me or really remember the details since it was a week ago. :o) It was fun though! I know some of you after reading this will be disappointed in us not visiting while down there, but like I said it was completely last minute & we were busy going everywhere with no plan in mind. We plan on coming down again hopefully soon. :o)
You can see all the pictures at my photo site
www.public.fotki.com/karibird28 I plan on using it from here on out, as you can see only Prague has been loaded as an album & that was in 2007.
Here are a few photos from the weekend....



No comments:
Post a Comment